As much as I enjoy travelling, and visiting, and adventuring, by the time we pulled into our yard at 11 p.m. last Friday, I was VERY ready to be home, and so were the boys.
However, we all enjoyed our week at Tony and Candace's. Jabin actually refers to their place as "Naomi's house"--you can tell who he sticks like glue to while we visit there. Something about them both being five--they get along like two peas in a pod.
So, during our two week holiday, there were a few highlights I'd like to mention:
- Jude lost another tooth, bringing the grand total to four.
- Jabin lost his FIRST tooth. It was loose one morning, and was out by supper--and now, less than two weeks later, I can already see the next one coming in! He's lost his first tooth younger than the other two boys did, and that tooth isn't losing any time replacing itself!
- I got some knitting done, of course--one hat for each of the girls, of my own design. Actually, I didn't get Hannah's done before I left, so I will be mailing that in a day or two (watch for it, Candace!) I'm thinking I will be selling the patterns for these hats on Etsy, for those of you interested. I will keep you posted when they are in my shop.
- Jude bought a couple of dwarf hamsters which he found on Kijiji, which I will go into more detail about in another post. (I don't even have a good photo of them yet, sorry.)
- The kids all got along, for the most part, but there were some rules that had to be established, which resulted in a some humourous signs posted around the house.
- The kids all played outside LOTS, and had great fun with the spring weather that had finally arrived! There was mud, yes, but that's to be expected. I may have pretended to be Elly Mae when I was a kid, but I think Candace has taken it another step and actually decided to become Elly Mae--that girl has more critters than the Church Picnic's got potato salads.
Kids making "Chocolate Pies":
- And, Best for Last, Candace's baby was another little girl named Hannah! At ten days overdue, she was in no hurry to come out, but adjusted quickly to the new way the world works once she got here!
Jude and Hannah, 4 days old: